Thursday, December 3, 2009

Today is my first time blogging. So who the hell am I and why am I here?

I always got opinions, an edge, my own take on things. It makes me nuts to watch these social climbing wannabes grabbing the headlines for nothing more than their fifteen minutes. Like that Colorado couple with the silvery balloon and the phantom boy lost in the clouds, or those power hungry phonies elbowing their way into the White House dinner, or Sarah Palin?

Who?

Didn’t Jon Stewart say that after the election, they put her on a plane back to Alaska, tagged her, and set her free?

Well gosh darn someone didn’t give her the memo. She hurried up and wrote a memoir, but the people in it swear it’s a work of fiction. According to Levi Johnston, she barely spends time with her kids, and it doesn’t seem like she’s pondering the issues. No wizardly thoughts are burning forth on Wall Street, health care, Afghanistan, or women’s rights. So how come Oprah invited her on the show?

Which kind of brings things back to me. Natch. It’s my blog. I was born in Detroit to Bernie and Evelyn Schwartz and grew up around the time Diana Ross strutted out of the projects to sing, people rioted in the hot summer streets, and the Tigers finally won the World Series.

But that was before my family packed up and moved to Orlando, just down the road from Mickey, Minnie, and Tiger Woods. BTW, did I hear the cub juggled three mistresses and a wife?

Hey, that’s another story.

Today I’m saying hello and add that it’s nice to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment